Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Influential Purchasing
I enjoyed discussing the different aspects of advertising from chapter three. The wide variety of ads mkae it possible for so much imagination, concepts, and focus that go into them. What I found interesting was the different types of hooks, not only in the book, but the ad we discussed that you showed from the internet. For instance, the young model on a horse on the beach holding a bottle of old spice. That stuff has been around forever but nobody wants to see a seventy year old guy on that horse because that's unattractive. An ad has to jump out at you and catch your attention or you will just change the channel or turn the page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you J dog. Especially on the part of no one wants to see a seventy year old riding a horse
ReplyDeleteVery true about the hooks in advertisements and also the age factor, when it comes to selling products. The younger the better, seems to be the rule there.
ReplyDelete